Despite sharing the same name as previous models, the 2022 Toyota Camry XSE is virtually unrecognizable due to its aggressive looks and performance model. That’s because today’s Camry is arguably the best-looking Camry ever. The conventional four-cylinder engine is economical and suitable for everyday use.
Even though its acceleration is unremarkable, the hybrid variant maximizes fuel economy. The lusty 301-hp V-6 is left to take up the slack, particularly in the Camry XSE model, which is truly fun to drive.
Toyota Camry XSE Performance
The conventional Quadro cylinder motor is combined with an automatic transmission but lacks acceleration. The silky 301-hp V-6 featured on the XLE and XSE variants, as well as the TRD variation, is the actual diamond of the Camry portfolio. It features a smooth ride and surprisingly quick steering. When cornering, the steering is nicely weighted and feels robust, but light when navigating in parking lots.
In the EPA’s tests, the whole Camry family fared admirably, and a four-cylinder model performed admirably in our real-world highway testing. The LE and XSE with the four-cylinder engine are the most fuel-efficient nonhybrid Camry variants, with EPA ratings of 28 mpg city and 39 mpg highway.
2022 Toyota Camry XSE Interior
The inside of the Camry XSE is highly elegant. However, there’s a significant difference in material quality between the entry-level models and the more costly variants, and the unimaginative design of the dashboard’s center section turned some of us off. With the folding rear seat, Camry is a spacious sedan with ample cargo capacity and internal storage space in both the trunk and cabin. It’s not the best in all memory areas, but overall it’s pretty competitive.
Toyota Camry XSE Infotainment
- The XSE is well-equipped, with standard features such as dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, push-button start, a 4.2-inch multi-information display, dynamic radar cruise control, and a blind-spot monitor system with rear cross-traffic alert.
- All Camrys come standard with Toyota Audio’s Connected Services, which include a touchscreen audio system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connection.
Camrys have always been safe, dependable, and, more importantly, extremely mid-range. The TRD injects a healthy dose of humor into the mix. Yes, it is aesthetically excessive and not to everyone’s liking. The bones of a performance sedan are present, so that’s a given. Take one for a test drive and make your own decision. All Camry models are equipped with driver assistance features. These features include: –
- Forward-collision warning and the automatic emergency braking are standard.
- Lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assist are standard.
- Adaptive cruise control is standard.