Tyre valves are an essential component of your vehicle’s tyre. They help maintain the correct air pressure and prevent air leaks. However, tyre valves can get damaged or worn out over time, causing various problems including flat tyres, low air pressure, reduced fuel efficiency, accelerated tyre wear, and other tyre valve problems.
What Causes Tyre Valve Problems?
Tyre valve problems can be caused by several factors, such as:
- Wear and tear over time: Tyre valves are made of rubber which can deteriorate over time due to aging, exposure to the road, and deformation from friction while driving.
- Dirt and debris: Dirt and debris can enter through the valve stem or valve cap causing tyre valve problems by clogging or damaging these parts. This damage or clogs compromise the seal and allow the air to escape from the tyres.
- Corrosion: Tyre valves can easily get corroded by moisture, salt, or chemicals that come into contact with the metal parts of the valve stem or the valve core. This can weaken the valve and cause air leaks or punctures.
- Puncture (Impact ): Tyre valves can get damaged by puncture from road curbs, potholes, nails, or other sharp objects. This creates cracks in the valve stem or the valve core, resulting in air loss.
Signs Your Vehicle Needs a Quick Tyre Valve Replacement?
Here are a few ways to detect Tyre valve problems ;
- Sound: To check for air leaks bring your ear closer to the tyre valve. You may be able to hear a hissing sound when you get close to the tyre valve. This means that air is rushing out through a small gap or puncture in the tyre valve.
- Comparing the air pressure: Check the air pressure levels by using a car tyre pressure gauge. Now compare the readings with the manufacturer’s recommended tyre pressures. If the pressure is significantly low or is dropping quickly, then you may have a tyre puncture or a valve leak.
- Spraying: Take a bottle. Pour a solution of washing-up liquid and water. First of all, remove the valve cap and then, Spray a small amount of the solution over the tyre valve. If there is any bubble formation around the valve stem then you know that the valve stem probably has a puncture.
How to Fix Tyre Valve Problems?
Tyre valve problems can be fixed by various methods, such as:
- Valve core Replacement: If the valve core is damaged or corroded, you can easily replace it with a new one. All you need is a valve core tool and replacement cores. Just remove the old core with the tool, screw in the new core, and refill the tyre.
- Repairing tyre punctures: Tyre punctures are a common phenomenon. All you need to fix this problem is a tyre plug or a tyre patch. However, if the puncture is too large or too close to the sidewall, repairing won’t make it safe for driving. In this case, your car needs a new tyre.
- Valve stem replacement: If your tyre’s valve stem is damaged or cracked, then you need to change the whole valve stem. For this, you will need to remove the tyre from the wheel. After this, cut off the old valve stem, insert a new valve stem and then remount the tyre.
However, not everyone is capable of performing such complicated tasks as Tyre Valve Replacement which require deep understanding, great effort, or expertise. If you find it difficult to fix your tyre valve problems yourself, it is time you let professionals take care of it.
Where to Find the Best Mobile Tyre Change Service Oldham and Manchester?
If you need a quick and convenient tyre service in Manchester and Oldham, you may want to consider a mobile tyre service. A mobile tyre service, as the name indicates, is a service that comes to you, whether you are at home, work, or somewhere in between. Fast-paced mobile tyre services like dmtyres.net can reach you in less than 30 minutes, ensuring your safety and timely arrival. We offer a wide range of vehicle-related issues including mobile tyre valve problems. Whether you need tyre fitting, tyre repair, tyre rotation, tyre balancing, or TPMS valve services we have got your back. With our comprehensive service, you can meet all your needs in one place. With our best Tyre Valve Replacement and the best mobile tyre service in Oldham as your roadside partner , you won’t have to worry about being stranded ever again.
Oldham Tyre Change Service
With our top-notch services and expert technicians we save you time, hassle, and money as you don’t have to drive to a garage, wait in a queue, or pay for extra fees. With our transparent and customer-friendly price plans, you will have no worries. We have a team of certified mechanics who can handle any mobile tyre-related problem with ease and efficiency. Find all your valve replacement solutions in one place.